Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The trip to Goa, welcoming 2006 ...

A nice trip at the end ...

The pic sums it all, No holds barred for 4 days ... I welcomed the twenties into my life, with all the booze etc... If I rmr correctly, I had Kingfisher beer, breezers and the local made 'Fenny' - about 36% alcohol... f*** !!! ... that threw the life out of me for one night, I slept like a log ...

It all started on December 9th, 2005. My friend and I were discussing about the earlier trips to Mumbai and Vizag ... They rocked!! A small joking proposal about a trip to Goa, and he said he was ready. I asked everyone, all were ready except 2 (of 8). So, I went and bought return tickets to Goa. At the end, everyone except 1 guy was ready. So, we were off to Goa on 28th evening. We reached there by 29th Morning 11.00 am. A fucked up bumpy shitty road from Londa to Panjim awaited us, and we suffered all along the way.

The pic on the right ... is a brief desc of the road ... for abt 20 kms...

When we went to Goa, we resided at the NIO quarters, coz my dad's brother works as a scientist in NIO, Dona Paula. This place was awesome ... 5 minutes from the beach... a lovely place.

Next day, we went for a tour of South Goa, enjoying at each and every place. Colva beach was nice... The water there never came above our knee ... All churches etc were covered.


The next part was the North Goa tour... on 31st ... This place had the best beaches in Goa covered. The Calangute beach was one of them, we spent the night at Calangute and the Baga Beaches. This beaches had some awesome parties on the New Year's Eve.

This pic shows the estimated ppl on the beach ... close to 2 lakhs !! .. We went for a boat ride into the sea ... and SHIT HAPPENED... The boat overturned, we were into the sea, about close to 3 kms from the beach. Luckily we were saved by the lifeguards, that was one heck of an experience. It was time for one of the most grooviest night parties. It rocked. WE loved each and every moment of it.

Then, it was time for those beers to flow... - the time for celebration of the New Year 2006. The fireworks display was exhilarating ... about 30 - 45 mins of fantastic rockets display...
















These two pics above just made me think that this celebration was worth the entire price I had put on my trip.

More details to be added later ....

Signing off,
With dreams from Goa,
Sid...